by admin | Aug 30, 2025 | disasters, earthquakes, news, pakistan, seismology
Released on, Aug. 19 — August 19, 2025 at 11:10 AM
An intense earthquake registered at 5.2 on the Richter scale hit Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and various towns in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa early Tuesday, causing fear among locals who are still dealing with ongoing flood challenges.
The earthquakes began in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan at a depth of 190 kilometers. Although they were light, the shocks were powerful enough to be distinctly noticed in several northern cities.
Inhabitants from Peshawar, Abbottabad, Charsadda, Chitral, Haripur, Malakand, Batkhela, and nearby regions experienced intense tremors. Individuals evacuated their houses and workplaces due to concerns about subsequent shocks and potential structural harm.
The tremors were also experienced in Mansehra, Mingora, Swat, Balakot, Battagram, Kohistan, and Toghrar. Officials conducted preventive evacuations in certain regions to safeguard people and minimize possible dangers.
Luckily, authorities have not yet documented any injuries or significant damage. Nevertheless, the Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA) has advised locals to remain vigilant and adhere to precautionary steps in case of subsequent tremors.
This seismic event occurs during a challenging period for Pakistan, with many areas currently facing sudden floods and intense rain. Officials have confirmed that surveillance mechanisms continue to function effectively to address any crisis promptly.
by admin | Aug 30, 2025 | crime, crimes, government, news, security
Published on, Aug. 19 — August 19, 2025 6:35 AM
Sindh’s Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah, chairing a top-level conference, stated that the administration aims to achieve an “optimal” security condition in the katcha area and instructed the police to remain alert.
“Kidnapping for ransom will not be tolerated under any circumstances,” he said, adding that strict action must be taken to curb ‘honey trap’ crimes.
The meeting was held at the CM House and was attended by Home Minister Zia-ul-Hassan Lanjar, Chief Secretary Asif Haider Shah, IG Police Ghulam Nabi Memon, Principal Secretary Agha Wasif, and DIG Larkano.
The chief minister said that he wants the law & order situation in the katcha area of Sukkur and Larkana division to be perfect and directed police to stay vigilant, and he won’t tolerate any kidnapping for ransom. “I want you to be ruthless against the dacoits and their facilitators so that no kidnapping for ransom case could take place.
Briefing the CM, the Home Minister Zai Lanjar and IG Police Ghulam Nabi memon informed that large-scale operations had been carried out in Ghotki and Shikarpur. They revealed that around 500 hideouts of dacoits and their facilitators were destroyed. Between January 2024 and 2025, a total of 115 dacoits were killed, 208 were injured, and 582 were arrested. The eight most-wanted outlaws were also eliminated.
The CM was told that 91 kidnapping cases were reported in 2025, out of which 88 abductees were safely recovered. Similarly, 287 victims of honey-trap abductions were rescued.
The Interior Secretary added that although highways used to suffer from widespread thefts, this problem has now been eradicated. The Chief Minister stated that every highway within the province needs to be ensured safety and security.
Murad Shah instructed the Home Minister to cut off the supply route for weapons used by bandits. “It remains unclear how these sensitive arms arrive at the bandits in the makeshift regions.”
Prime Minister Murad Ali Shah directed the Inspector General of Police to make sure that illegal groups are entirely eradicated. “We have already stopped several cases of kidnapping and captured numerous hiding places. It’s now time to eliminate these criminals permanently,” he stated.
by admin | Aug 29, 2025 | disaster management, disasters, emergencies, flooding, news
Released on, Aug. 19 — August 19, 2025 at 11:02 AM
Intense monsoon downpours have caused rivers in Punjab to rise to alarming levels, submerging communities, damaging agricultural land, and isolating areas due to blocked roadways, with the NDMA issuing a critical warning about impending rainfall.
A warning was issued as Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa experienced severe floods that resulted in more than 320 fatalities. Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif instructed his ministers to take direct responsibility for overseeing aid efforts in the most severely impacted areas.
Beginning in late June, continuous heavy rains, sudden floodwaters, and mudslides have resulted in the deaths of at least 657 individuals and injuries to almost 1,000 others throughout Pakistan. Authorities worry about deteriorating situations with additional rainfall expected.
The National Disaster Management Authority stated that intense to extremely high amounts of rain are anticipated throughout Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh, Balochistan, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, and Gilgit-Baltistan. Authorities cautioned that precipitation could surpass 50 to 60 percent over typical rates.
K-P continues to be the most severely affected area, with regions such as Buner, Swat, Shangla, and Bajaur experiencing extensive damage. Many houses have suffered destruction or harm, and roadways and bridges are still obstructed due to landslides.
At the same time, rescue efforts are being carried out. The NDMA along with regional authorities are providing tents, quilts, provisions, and monetary assistance. The Prime Minister pledged to the individuals affected by floods that their damaged houses will be reconstructed and security protocols enhanced.
by admin | Aug 29, 2025 | business, equities, financial markets, news, stocks
Kathmandu, August 19 – On Tuesday, the Nepal Stock Exchange (Nepse) saw a slight increase, gaining 6.51 points to finish at 2,776.90. The key index went up by 0.23% compared to the prior day.
The stock exchange data reveal that the share prices of 142 companies advanced while 107 declined.
A total of 131.24 million shares were exchanged via 61,784 deals, totaling Rs5.63 billion.
The turnover was less compared to Monday, when transactions amounted to Rs6.17 billion.
All sectoral sub-indices posted gains, with life insurance, production and processing, development banks, investment, others, and trade groups leading the upward movement.
by admin | Aug 28, 2025 | disaster management, disaster preparedness, disasters, emergency management, news
Released on, Aug. 19 — August 19, 2025 at 3:07 PM
The central administration, military forces, and National Disaster Management Authority conducted a combined media update in Islamabad regarding the current monsoon emergency. Representatives stated that torrential rainfall has resulted in 670 fatalities throughout Pakistan. Numerous additional individuals remain wounded or unaccounted for. Teams from the NDMA are continuing efforts to locate those carried off by floodwaters. Immediate relief activities are ongoing in every impacted area.
Lieutenant General Ahmed Sharif from DG ISPR stated that the flooding has caused damage to roads and bridges, particularly in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. In order to act swiftly, the military sent two engineering battalions to KP and another two to Gilgit-Baltistan. These teams are working on unblocking roadways and repairing damaged structures. Military engineers are additionally assisting with restoring communication networks. The availability of relief supplies is gradually increasing in isolated regions.
At the same time, military medical personnel are providing assistance to those wounded in flooded areas. To date, more than 6,000 individuals have been provided with healthcare services. Nine mobile field hospitals are functioning within impacted regions. Two established medical facilities have been stationed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit. Additionally, two battalions are offering medical aid in Buner and Shangla. Numerous survivors are being treated for severe wounds.
The military is operating based on specific directives issued by the Chief of Army Staff, Field Marshal Asim Munir. Extra battalions have been deployed for recovery and assistance efforts. In order to assist those impacted, the army has contributed a day’s worth of provisions from its stockpiles. Aid materials are handed out every day. Supplies such as food, drinking water, and medical items are transported to isolated regions using aircraft and vehicles.
To sum up, Pakistan’s civilian and military organizations are collaborating effectively to handle the crisis. The administration called on citizens to remain vigilant and adhere to safety instructions. Aid operations will persist until everyone impacted is secure. The NDMA mentioned that restoration and rebuilding could require an extended period. Nevertheless, complete nationwide backing has been pledged for each affected area.
by admin | Aug 25, 2025 | news, tourist attractions, tourists, Travel, world
Unguja. In July, Zanzibar achieved record-high monthly visitor numbers, receiving 98,370 international guests—a 44.2% growth when compared to the same time last year, according to official tourism statistics published on July 7. This number marked an impressive 45.7% increase from June 2025. Europe continued to be Zanzibar’s primary tourist origin, comprising 64.4% of all incoming visitors. Italy topped this list with 10,403 entries—accounting for 10.6% of overall arrivals—an exceptional recovery from June’s count of 2,660, which saw a remarkable 291% month-over-month boost. France followed closely behind at 7.7%, whereas Japan had the lowest percentage at just 0.2%. The data indicated that 99.4% of those who visited in July did so for recreational purposes; nearly 91% arrived via air travel. Men made up 54% of these visitors, while women comprised 46%. Over 86% of the tourists fell within the ages of 15-64, with senior citizens forming about 4.5% of the group. Almost one-third of vacationers stayed precisely a week, with most intending stays extending slightly past seven days. Hotel room availability reached 81.1%, with approximately 741,000 out of the 913,911 beds occupied throughout the month. Emerging destinations including Poland, India, Russia, Israel, China, and Ukraine experienced a collective 42.2% rise in guest counts relative to June, highlighting increasing diversity away from conventional European sources. These July outcomes reflect not only Zanzibar’s rising worldwide popularity but also Italy’s significant contribution towards boosting summer-time tourism. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc.
Syndigate.info
).
Page 1 of 5712345...102030...»Last »